Through its coalition of partners, Global Water Trust will:
· Generate public, private & donor finance for clean water projects
· Partner with & deploy equipment/technology manufacturers to project regions
· Partner with NGOs on the construction, operation & maintenance of clean water systems
· Partner with AIDS organizations & pharmaceutical companies whose healthcare projects depend on the availability of clean water
· Spur social, economic & agricultural development through the availability of clean water in project regions
· Generate jobs associated with the construction, operation & maintenance of clean water systems
· Mobilize & deploy volunteer water engineers, hydrologists & other professionals through GWT's Global Water Corps program.
The Global Water Trust and its partners believe that sustainable financing of community water systems is dependent upon:
· A blend of public, private and donor finance.
· Improved cost recovery.
· Low cost per person water rates
· Proper & efficient management of the water infrastructure.
· Co-operation and participation of community stakeholders.
Global Water Trust believes that a blended financial model is the most realistic and efficient way for achieving its project goals and objectives. GWT and its partners intend to achieve this by:
· Cross-subsidizing a portfolio of communities comprised of paid and donor projects
· Establishing Community Water Trusts that are co-managed by local stakeholders,technology partners and NGO partners.